Tuesday 11 March 2014

Make an Announcement



I wasn't going to write on this topic yet, but while at the gym yesterday, I witnessed Australian Comedienne Magda Szubanski being interviewed on the morning show, announcing that she is back on the weight loss wagon after rejoining as the face of Jenny Craig. She originally signed with them 5 years ago and lost 35kg, but has since put the weight back on.
Magda Szubanski lost 35kgs with Jenny Craig before putting the weight back on.

The fact that she has been there, lost the weight then regained it would give you the idea that Jenny Craig is purely a diet, once you stop the program, it's an easy slide back to your old habits and put the weight back on. It doesn't look like it helps you to continue your lifestyle in a healthy fashion once you're on your own.

So it's not the program for me, but Magda has 1.25 million reasons to stick at it. (Yes, she's getting paid the big bucks to lose the weight) I'd say that's pretty good motivation!
While we don't all have that luxury, one great motivation tool is to make an announcement.   While it doesn't have to be a national announcement the way Magda has done, this is a valuable tool to motivate yourself.

Tell your friends and family that you're embarking on a weightloss journey/lifestyle change. Tell your Facebook friends or make an announcement at the next family dinner!

Magda explained that by announcing it publicly, she felt pressure but also motivated to get it right this time.

If you can handle the pressure, and channel it into positive energy to excel, then start the process.

It's not for everyone, and it can be quite daunting, but it could be the difference the next time you don't feel like exercising or when you want to pig out on cake, chocolate or chips!

I used this tool and found I had that little voice in the back of my head telling me to stay strong and hang in there and then the next time I would see my family, they'd tell me how good I was looking, or friends were asking for my secret.

I know I don't owe it to my family and friends to lose weight and get healthy, I'm doing it for me. It's just nice to feel like I'm not on my own, and I have support along the way.

Whether you want to lose weight, or just make a change to a healthier lifestyle, make an announcement, get the support of your family and friends, and use it as motivation. 

Facebook weight/goal tracker app LilySlim is a ticker that keeps tracking your goal and letting everyone else see your progress. Get one here.

Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Distributed By Blogger Themes | Designed By Seo Blogger Templates